Reshaping EU-US Relations: A Concept Paper
The European Union and the United States are major players in the globalised world order: often they determine its course, sometimes they are adversely impacted and above all they are being profoundly transformed by its effects. But in the ten years since 2000, the foundations of American power (military force, technological excellence, economic success) have been severely shaken, as have the certainties of the European project (continuous prosperity, citizen support, the attraction of the European model).
The members of the high level task force are:
- Romano Prodi (co-chair), former President of the European Commission and former Prime Minister of Italy
- Guy Verhofstadt (co-chair), former Prime Minister of Belgium
- Jerzy Buzek, President of the European Parliament, former Prime Minister of Poland
- Étienne Davignon, former Vice-President of the European Commission
- Jacques Delors, former President of the European Commission
- Joschka Fischer, former German foreign minister
- Paavo Lipponen, former Prime Minister of Finland
- Tommaso Padoa-Schioppa, President of Notre Europe, former Minister of Finances of Italy
The report is edited by Nicole Gnesotto,as rapporteur, and coordinated by Sami Andoura, Timo Behr and Gaëtane Ricard-Nihoul of Notre Europe.
Press Review about the publication of the report.