The declaration of the Jacques Delors Institute's 2014 European Steering Committee in the media
Our European Steering Committee (ESC) gathered on the 12th and 13th December 2014 in Paris. The ESC brings together high-profile European figures to discuss subjects of fundamental importance to the future of the EU. It has a role in orienting the work of the Jacques Delors Institute and proposes ways forward for European integration.
Chaired by Jacques Delors, the ESC meets once yearly. Its deliberations are the subject of a written summary and a joint declaration adopted is published in numerous European and international national daily newspapers.
This year, Emma Bonino, Jean-Louis Bourlanges and Javier Solana introduced the dinner-debate of December 12th, in their speeches about "new decision-makers, new challenges".
On Saturday, 13 December, two round tables took place on the themes:
Round table 1 – "The external challenges of the European Union: what strategy?"
Debate introduced by:
Elisabeth Guigou, President of the French National Assembly Committee for External Affairs
Javier Solana, former High Representative for the Common Foreign and Security Policy
Round table 2 – The Juncker Commission: what internal priorities?"
Debate introduced by:
Etienne Davignon, former Vice-President of the European Commission, President of Friends of Europe
Enrico Letta, former Prime Minister of Italy
A final statement was adopted at the end of the day entitled "The EU needs a fresh boost... Fast!"
This press review shows its publications in the European and international press.
Publications or mentions in the European or international press:
- Le Huffington Post Québec (Canada), 19 December 2014
- Le Figaro (France), 20 December 2014
- La Repubblica (Italy), 22 December 2014
- Le Jeudi (Luxembourg), 22 December 2014
- To Vima (Greece), 24 December 2014
- Ouest France (France), 2 January 2015 (mention)
- La Libre Belgique (Belgium), 8 January 2015
- Euractiv (EU), 13 JANUARY 2015
- The Daily Express (United-Kingdom), 13 January 2015 (mention)
- La Vanguardia (Spain), 22 January 2015
- Handelsblatt (Germany), 4 February 2015
- Público (Portugal)
- Jurnalul.ro (Roumanie)